Evidence and Property



Appointments available Monday - Thursday
Property will not be available for release on Fridays
Call: 435-627-4331
Email: [email protected]
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Found/Unclaimed Property

PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given that pursuant to UCA 77-24a-5, the St. George Police Department is advertising a list of found and/or unclaimed property with is currently being stored in our evidence room. If you have lost property or not claimed your property, and it matches the description below, please call (435) 627-4331 to identify and claim your property.

You MUST show proof of ownership or provide a detailed description of your property.

Evidence and Property

What hours are available for pickup of evidence/property?
Appointments are required for property release, call (435) 627-4331 or e-mail [email protected] Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m. to schedule. 

The Evidence Room is located at 265 North 200 East in St. George.  A phone is provided in the lobby of the police station to contact the evidence room.

Please refer any questions to the Evidence room at (435) 627-4331 or (435) 627-4326 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The property and evidence room is closed on holidays and weekends
What if I do not have a government issued picture ID?
You will need a copy of a booking sheet or some other means to confirm your identity.
What kind of information do I need to keep in case my property is lost or stolen??
Keeping a description of the make and serial numbers of your valuables in a safe place will assist in identifying your property if it is taken. It also allows us to enter your stolen property into a national database enabling recovery if found outside St. George.
How can I find out if you have my property?
The easiest way to identify your property is by the manufacturer’s serial number. You may call (435) 627-4331 with the details of your property and we will search the database. Without a serial number, it is difficult to clearly identify the property as yours due to the manufacture of many similar items. For example, a scratch on a car does not identify the car, but the manufacturer's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) does.
What do I need to obtain my property from the police department???
To obtain your property, you need:

  • Police department case number or property owner’s full name
  • Description of property and serial number (if known)
  • Government issued picture identification
May I claim property that I found? How?
To claim property you have found you must first turn it into The St. George Police Department and sign a statement concerning how and where you found the property, and that you are not in possession of it illegally.  The Police Department will attempt to identify the owner and must hold the property for 90 days, in accordance with State Law.  After the 90 day waiting period you can contact the St. George Police Department Evidence Unit to request the property be released to you.  You may be required to pay fees, if applicable, for storage and/or advertising the lost property.
How do I claim a firearm?
Release of firearms held by the St. George Police involve processes that may be more time consuming than other items of property.  You must contact the Evidence Unit to request the firearms' release. Evidence personnel will verify your eligibility to possess or transfer the firearm(s) and may require additional information from you to determine ownership.  The decision to release firearms is ultimately made by the Administrative Lieutenant supervising the firearms unit and may require legal review by a Deputy City Attorney.   You will be required to sign an affidavit of ownership in most instances to receive the firearm.  This process may take several days, weeks, or months depending upon the circumstances.  Once approved, the release of the firearm must be scheduled with Evidence Room staff in advance of the release.
Should I call before coming in to pick up my property?
Appointments are required for property release, call (435) 627-4331 to confirm your property is available for release and to schedule an appointment.
Can I pick up property for a friend or relative?
Yes. You must have a NOTARIZED letter from the owner stating the owner has asked you to pick up their property.