Frequent Questions

Frequent Questions

Who do I call after hours for non-emergency animal issues?
Please contact the St. George Police Dispatch by calling 435-627-4300.
How do I report my animal missing?
Call your local animal services department, any animal rescue’s in your area, check social media sites, distribute fliers in your area. St. George Animal Shelter can be reached at (435) 627-4350 during the hours of Tuesday - Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday - 9:00am to 4:00pm,  Monday - Please call-Appointment Only.
What do I do if I find an animal?

Contact your local animal services. For St. George residence, contact St. George Animal Services at 605 E Waterworks Dr. St. George Ut. 84770, Phone: (435) 627-4350 during hours of operation, for after hours, call dispatch at (435) 627-4300. You can post the information on social media such as nextdoor, social media groups for lost/found animals, post flyers, contact neighbors. 

Persons can choose to hold the found animal at home, but only after contacting the SGCAS with the information, including photos if available, of the found animal.

What animals are available for adoption at the Animal Shelter?
Rabbits, ferrets, birds, and other pets are often available. Please contact us @ (435) 627-4350 for more information on what is available. Visit our Facebook page for a list of current animals available for adoption. 
Why is having your animal spayed or neutered important?
By having your dog or cat spayed/neutered, you will do your part to prevent the birth of unwanted puppies and kittens. Spaying and neutering prevents unwanted litters, helps protect against some serious health problems, and may reduce many of the behavioral problems associated with unaltered animals.
My animal is lost, how do I know if it has been brought to the Animal Shelter?
To find out whether your animal has been brought in, visit, or call us at (435) 627-4350. After hours, call dispatch at (435) 627-4300.
Can the Animal Shelter accept my pet's medication, open or unused?
We do not accept prescription medication regardless of whether it is opened or unopened/used. We can however accept vitamins, supplements, and other over the counter medications.
How can I report wildlife that is injured, suffering, in danger, or a nuisance?

Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) @  Utah Division of Wildlife Resources 

Washington County Field Office
451 N SR-318, Hurricane, UT 84737
Phone: 435-879-8694

Division of Natural Resources (DNR) @ Utah Department of Natural Resources

You may also contact St. George Animal Services at (435) 627-4350 during hours of operation, or for after hours, call dispatch at (435) 627-4300.

How can I get my animal microchipped or tagged?
ID tags can be purchased and printed at local pet stores like Petsmart and Petco. They can also be ordered online. Microchipping can be done at local vets, and the Humane Society of Utah.
What kinds of donations does the Animal Shelter accept?
Thank you for considering donating to the SGCAS. We accept donations of all kinds, puppy/kitten and dog/cat dry food, even if the bags are open. Any dog/cat canned food, toys, treats, blankets, beds, and towels. If you are not sure about an item you would like to donate, please give us a call at (435) 627-4350. We accept debit and credit card donations or by phone at (435) 627-4350, checks accepted in person or by mail @  605 E Waterworks Dr. St. George Ut. 84770. Thank you for your support!
Why is it important to keep my animals current on vaccinations?

Pet vaccinations play an essential role in keeping your pet healthy. Vaccinating your pet can also prevent the spread of certain diseases, such as rabies, to your family. Vaccinations protect your pet from many of the diseases that affect wildlife, particularly rabies and distemper.

Rabies vaccinations are important for your pet to have. Rabies is a fatal but preventable viral disease. It can spread to people and pets if they are bitten or scratched by a rabid animal.

Am I allowed to own a pigs, chickens, rabbits, etc. within City limits?