Victim Services

The St. George Police Department has a Victim Services unit, consisting of full time and part time advocates, as well as volunteers to assist victims of crime in the City of St. George. It is the goal of the staff to contact victims and assist them with referrals, resources and various types of protective orders. The advocates will assist with the completion of adult or child protective orders and stalking injunction requests for filing with 5th District Court. They will guide you through the process and often accompany victims to the hearings. 

Information is available for victims of domestic violence, rape, assault, stalking, child abuse, harassment and other types of people crimes. Advocates often attend court proceedings and help the victim through the difficult and sometimes complicated process to which they are subjected. Our office works closely with other agencies in the city on behalf of our clients. 

If you are a victim of a crime in the city of St. George or have any questions regarding the Victim Services unit, you can reach them Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. at (435) 627-4399. If you are calling outside of regular business hours, please leave your name and number and someone will return your call during the next business day. 

Frequent Questions

How do I request a protective order, child protective order, or stalking injunction online?

There are several types of protective orders. Please contact Victim Services and discuss the options available to you.

Instructions for Applying for an Protective Order Online

  1. Go to
  2. Set up a username and password (a new account). 
  3. Remember to write it down. 
  4. Log in and look for the type of protective order you are seeking. Example: Protective order-Adult, Civil Stalking Injunction, Child Protective Order, etc. (click on the order that you are seeking.) 
  5. Follow the instructions and fill it out completely. 
  6. Read, revise and correct if needed . 
  7. Email the document as well as any evidence such as texts, etc. to: [email protected] The subject line of your email should say Protective Order or Stalking Injunction (whatever order you filled out) and your name. In the body of the email you should write your name again and your email address as well as your phone number and mailing address. . 
  1. Contact the Court after 2 to 3 hours, call 435-986-5700 option 1 for District Court, or option 3 for Juvenile Court, to check on the status of your petition.
  2. For free legal assistance at the Protective Order hearing, contact Utah Legal Services by calling 800-662-4245, or apply online at . Select language and then continue to complete the application. Before you submit your application, write down the phone number listed and call that number after you submit your application. 
  1. Once you have an approved order, you may sign up for service notification at: 

If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to call us. 

Victim Services St. George Police Dept. 435-627-4399

Do I get a chance to talk in court and tell the judge what I want done on my case?
If you have been a victim and the suspect has been arrested and is going through the court system, you have the right to present a Victim Impact Statement. This is usually presented in writing to the judge and the prosecuting attorney and forms to guide you are available from Victim Services. In very special cases, victims will sometimes be allowed to make an in person statement at the time of sentencing. Victim Impact statements are usually presented to the court at the time of sentencing. It is important to prepare your statement early so that if the case is resolved, your statement will be available.
How can I find out if someone is in jail?
The website, www.washingtoncountysheriff has a booking site that shows the arrests for the previous 48 hours. There is also inmate information available, as well as answers to many other questions pertaining to the jail.
How do I get a restraining order?
In Utah, a restraining order must be filed by an attorney, in conjunction with another case of some type that is going through the courts. You may find that a Protective Order or a Stalking Injunction will accomplish what you need. Forms for Protective Orders and Stalking Injunctions are available online at Please call Victim Services at 435-627-4399 if you have any questions or you would like help filling out those forms.
I am a male victim of domestic violence. What help is available to me?
If you live within the City of St. George, or the crime occurred in the city, contact Victim Services at the St. George Police Department. Victim Advocates will be able to help you determine if you may qualify for a Protective Order and can assist you in completing the application.
I am a victim of a crime. Do I have to go to all of the court hearings?
You are always welcome at the court hearings but your presence is not required. The only time it is mandatory for you to attend is when you receive a subpoena to attend. 
I cannot miss work by going to a hearing. How can I find out what happened?
The Victim Services Unit at the St. George Police Department attends many of the court hearings and an advocate will be happy to inform you of the hearing results. Get in touch with their office and discuss this with an advocate.
I made a police report with the St. George Police Department. How do I find out what happens now?
You may obtain a copy of your police report at the St. George Police Department, 265 North 200 East, St. George, UT. Bring your incident number and photo ID, Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 PM. Information about the process that occurs after the report is made may be obtained by calling Victim Services at 627-4399 during the same hours.
I receive phone calls and text messages over and over. I have told them to stop, but they won't. What can I do?
Tell the person to leave you alone. If there is repeated contact after that, you may qualify for a stalking injunction. You can apply for a stalking injunction at
I was a victim of a crime. How do I find out about the court process?
To find out the status of a particular court case, go to . If you would like to learn more about the court process, go to or call Victim Services at 435-627-4399
My child has been molested. What can I do?
The first thing you need to do is make a police report to your local police agency. An officer or a detective will meet with you and make arrangements for an interview to be conducted at The Children's Justice Center. Another option available may be to file for a Child Protective Order with 5th District Juvenile Court. Forms are available on the court website ( or you can contact Victim Services at the St. George Police Department for assistance. 
My petitioner on my protective order contacted me. Can they be arrested for that?
It is not against the law for the petitioner on a protective order to make contact with the respondent. However, the court issues a protective order on the basis that the petitioner wants no contact (or specific limited contact) with the respondent and the court may dismiss the protective order if the petitioner is initiating contact with the respondent.